The former Moose Lodge at 9105 W. Lincoln Ave. will be renovated into a bar/restaurant.
Owner Josh Johnson said some of the menu will be geared toward hospital workers at the nearby Aurora West Allis Medical Center, with daily specials, salads and sandwiches. The business will open at 11 a.m. on weekdays and 9 a.m. Saturdays and Sundays.
Some West Allis Common Council members had some concerns over the parking impact in the neighborhood. But others said they never heard complaints when the building was used by the Royal Order of the Moose and hosted club events and banquets.
There's no word yet on when the restaurant will open.
- Suburban Milwaukee Now websites to get new look, realignment
- 1940s radio noir comedy to cap Village Playhouse season in West Allis
- West Allis Police blotter: July 28, 2016
- West Allis rechecking pay to ensure market rate compensation, fairness
- Race for Wisconsin's 6th District Senate seat heats up
- It's 'Curtains' for West Allis Players presenting murder and music
- Nathan Hale High School tuneful summer musical set at high school
- West Allis Police blotter: July 21
- In brief, July 7: Gun control, gourmet store, home for the poor
- West Allis bans e-cigarette smoking where tobacco smoking is banned