The Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage Commission will hold a household hazardous waste collection at Wisconsin State Fair Park, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. April 15 and 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 16.
Among the items to be accepted are compact fluorescent light bulbs, motor oil and rechargeable batteries. People should come to Gate 8, just off South 76th Street.
For a list of things that can and cannot drop off, go to http://v3.mmsd.com/HHW.aspx.
The MMSD has three hazardous waste collection sites that are open all year in Milwaukee, Franklin and Menomonee Falls. There is no charge for Milwaukee County residents.
- Suburban Milwaukee Now websites to get new look, realignment
- 1940s radio noir comedy to cap Village Playhouse season in West Allis
- West Allis Police blotter: July 28, 2016
- West Allis rechecking pay to ensure market rate compensation, fairness
- Race for Wisconsin's 6th District Senate seat heats up
- It's 'Curtains' for West Allis Players presenting murder and music
- Nathan Hale High School tuneful summer musical set at high school
- West Allis Police blotter: July 21
- In brief, July 7: Gun control, gourmet store, home for the poor
- West Allis bans e-cigarette smoking where tobacco smoking is banned