The city of West Allis will hold its annual Memorial Day event at 10 a.m. Monday, May 25.
The Memorial Day parade will begin at 70th Street, go west on Greenfield Avenue to 75th Street, south on 75th Street to National Avenue, and then end at Veterans Park, 70th and National.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. at Veterans Memorial Park. The service will feature tributes from Mayor Dan Devine, former Veterans of Foreign Wars State Commander Phil Jasinski and the Rev. Les Takkinen, pastor of Grace Bible School.
Boy Scout Troop 16 will lay wreaths at the service.
For information, call (414) 302-8872.
- Suburban Milwaukee Now websites to get new look, realignment
- 1940s radio noir comedy to cap Village Playhouse season in West Allis
- West Allis Police blotter: July 28, 2016
- West Allis rechecking pay to ensure market rate compensation, fairness
- Race for Wisconsin's 6th District Senate seat heats up
- It's 'Curtains' for West Allis Players presenting murder and music
- Nathan Hale High School tuneful summer musical set at high school
- West Allis Police blotter: July 21
- In brief, July 7: Gun control, gourmet store, home for the poor
- West Allis bans e-cigarette smoking where tobacco smoking is banned