Greenfield High School head football coach Kevin Murphy has resigned, district officials said during Monday's School Board meeting.
Murphy will stay on as an assistant next year. He told administrators it was a difficult decision to step down, but he still wanted to stay around the program, Superintendent Conrad Farner said.
School Board member Bruce Bailey and district administrators applauded Murphy's service and said they were grateful he will remain in the program as an assistant coach.
- Greenfield unveils inaugural season for new Konkel Park amphitheater
- Greenfield to sell passes for residents not allowed to use dropoff
- Bluemel's Garden & Landscape Center in Greenfield expands with on-site coffee garden
- Greenfield Police blotter: July 21
- St. John the Evangelist Parish to host 49th annual Family Festival
- Greenfield chief meets with President's top advisers in West Wing
- Greenfield Police blotter: July 14, 2016
- Cannon-lover fires eight-gun salute down Greenfield street for Fourth
- Greenfield neighbors roaring about House of Harley's thunder
- Gun, ammunition sales in Greenfield might soon require public hearings