West Allis devises redevelopment options south of Fair Park
West Allis - A 104-unit hotel, 48 "working class" town homes and multi-story office buildings are among the redevelopment possibilities being considered for an 18-acre area just south of State Fair Park, according to a plan that will be presented Tuesday to the city's Community Development Authority.
The authority will hold a public hearing on the plan at 6 p.m. at City Hall.
Demolition of the former Milwaukee Gray Iron foundry, the former Mykonos restaurant and other properties would begin this summer to make way for redevelopment in the area of S. 84 St. and W. Greenfield Ave.
The foundry site has been a manufacturing site for some 100 years and has environmental contamination problems, according to the report. The former Mykonos site, vacant since 2004, also has environmental problems stemming from its prior uses in manufacturing, the report says.
More Milwaukee County News
- Marcus considers downtown tower that would include cinema (8)
- Girl, 3, woman wounded in shooting on Milwaukee's north side
- 28 private schools register for special-needs voucher program
- Truck hits, kills 83-year-old woman crossing street in Bay View
- Groups to provide $1 million for YMCA’s urban mission