The man who committed suicide after a traffic stop in Brookfield was wanted by Greenfield police in connection with an alleged sexual assault of a child.
A victim told police of repeated acts of sexual assault on her over a period of 10 years. As a result, police issued a temporary felony arrest warrant for Brian C. Beardsley, 38, of West Allis.
When Brookfield authorities pulled Beardsley's truck over Nov. 12 in the 19400 block of Bluemound Road, Beardsley hen took his own life.
Greenfield police are not releasing any more information to protect the identity of the victim.
For more on the incident in Brookfield, see NOW reporter Aaron Martin's story on BrookfieldNOW.com.
- Suburban Milwaukee Now websites to get new look, realignment
- 1940s radio noir comedy to cap Village Playhouse season in West Allis
- West Allis Police blotter: July 28, 2016
- West Allis rechecking pay to ensure market rate compensation, fairness
- Race for Wisconsin's 6th District Senate seat heats up
- It's 'Curtains' for West Allis Players presenting murder and music
- Nathan Hale High School tuneful summer musical set at high school
- West Allis Police blotter: July 21
- In brief, July 7: Gun control, gourmet store, home for the poor
- West Allis bans e-cigarette smoking where tobacco smoking is banned