West Allis — While much of the state of Wisconsin will be cheering for the Packers this weekend, Milwaukee promoter Tim Gill is torn.
Now that the Packers have won against the Chicago Bears and made it to the NFL playoffs, their first-round game is taking place at 3:30 p.m. on Sunday.
When Packers games are scheduled during Rummage-A-Rama! shows, there's always a noticeable decline in attendance during the game. Having been raised a Packers fan, Gill must decide between work or betraying his home team. "It just doesn't seem right to ever cheer for a team from Chicago," Gill said in a news release.
In order to prove his loyalty to the green and gold, Gill has decided that admission to Rummage-A-Rama! will be free during the game to anyone who is wearing any sort of Packers apparel or accessories.
There will be large screen TVs displaying the game, with plenty of food and beverages for purchase.
Rummage-A-Rama! will be held Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the State Fair Park Wisconsin Products Pavilion.
Admission to Rummage-A-Rama! is $4, but patrons who bring a donation of two non-perishable food items for Hunger Task Force get in for $2. Kids age 12 and under attend Rummage-A-Rama! for free.
Free parking is available in the north lot by the Pettit National Ice Center via Gate 6. Preferred parking is available for $5 by entering Gate 5 off 84th Street.
For the most up-to-date information on Rummage-A-Rama!, visit www.Rummage-A-Rama.com.
- Suburban Milwaukee Now websites to get new look, realignment
- 1940s radio noir comedy to cap Village Playhouse season in West Allis
- West Allis Police blotter: July 28, 2016
- West Allis rechecking pay to ensure market rate compensation, fairness (1)
- Race for Wisconsin's 6th District Senate seat heats up
- It's 'Curtains' for West Allis Players presenting murder and music
- Nathan Hale High School tuneful summer musical set at high school
- West Allis Police blotter: July 21
- In brief, July 7: Gun control, gourmet store, home for the poor
- West Allis bans e-cigarette smoking where tobacco smoking is banned