The new Pick 'n Save across from the Spring Mall has opened while officials continue to find a tenant for the supermarket's old location in the shopping center.
On Tuesday, the last detail - the Greenfield Common Council's approval of the transfer of a liquor license from the old store to the new one - was completed, allowing the shelves to be fully stocked.
As part of its grand opening celebration this week, Pick 'n Save donated $5,000 to the Greenfield Library Foundation.
Meanwhile, both Roundy's Supermarkets Inc., which operates the Pick 'n Save, and Spring Mall owner Centro Properties are trying to find a new anchor tenant for the old spot, which Pick 'n Save has a lease that extends into 2012.
Making it more difficult to find a tenant is that the space will have to be remodeled from its grocery store design, said Greenfield Director of Economic Development and Planning Chuck Erickson.
- Suburban Milwaukee Now websites to get new look, realignment
- 1940s radio noir comedy to cap Village Playhouse season in West Allis
- West Allis Police blotter: July 28, 2016
- West Allis rechecking pay to ensure market rate compensation, fairness (1)
- Race for Wisconsin's 6th District Senate seat heats up
- It's 'Curtains' for West Allis Players presenting murder and music
- Nathan Hale High School tuneful summer musical set at high school
- West Allis Police blotter: July 21
- In brief, July 7: Gun control, gourmet store, home for the poor
- West Allis bans e-cigarette smoking where tobacco smoking is banned