Fleeing motorcyclist arrested for allegedly driving drunk
A motorcyclist who caused an accident while driving drunk could face at least three charges in Greenfield.
According to Greenfield police:
A 40-year-old Greenfield man on a 2003 Harley-Davidson motorcycle was traveling westbound on Layton Avenue when he failed to stop for a red light at South 108th Street and hit a northbound vehicle in the intersection.
After dropping of his passenger on South 108th Street, the suspect fled west on Layton Avenue. Police located the unoccupied motorcycle in the 4700 block of South 112th Street. The driver attempted to flee on nearby I-43, but was stopped by police and taken into custody.
No injuries were sustained in the accident. The man was arrested for drunken driving, third offense, and was taken to the hospital for a blood draw. He is also charged with failure to stop for a red light and failure to stop for an accident.
Facebook posting leads to animal cruelty citation
A concerned person who contacted police after reading a disturbing Facebook posting possibly saved an animal's life.
At approximately 1 p.m. Aug. 28, an anonymous caller contacted police to report that a Greenfield woman was posting statements on Facebook about starving her cat, which had urinated on something belonging to her.
When police located the Facebook account holder in the 3700 block of South Bayberry Lane, they found a cat that appeared emaciated with no food or water visible. The cat was taken from the residence and turned over to the animal emergency room for treatment.
The owner of the cat, a 60-year-old Greenfield woman, was issued a citation for animal cruelty.
- Suburban Milwaukee Now websites to get new look, realignment
- 1940s radio noir comedy to cap Village Playhouse season in West Allis
- West Allis Police blotter: July 28, 2016
- West Allis rechecking pay to ensure market rate compensation, fairness (1)
- Race for Wisconsin's 6th District Senate seat heats up
- It's 'Curtains' for West Allis Players presenting murder and music
- Nathan Hale High School tuneful summer musical set at high school
- West Allis Police blotter: July 21
- In brief, July 7: Gun control, gourmet store, home for the poor
- West Allis bans e-cigarette smoking where tobacco smoking is banned