Dean T. Schaefer, 50, of Milwaukee was charged in Milwaukee County Circuit Court Friday, April 18, with ninth offense operating while intoxicated after a road rage incident the previous night in Greenfield.
At about 7:30 p.m. April 17, Greenfield dispatchers received a report from a driver that a pickup truck was chasing him on Highway 100 near Cold Spring Road. The driver of the car reported that Shaefer had gotten out of his truck at a red light and approached him allegedly yelling and pounding his fist.
Police officers stopped Schaefer in the 9500 block of Layton Avenue where he failed field sobriety tests and a preliminary breath test indicated a blood-alcohol content of 0.12.
Schaefer's driving record shows eight previous convictions for OWI dating back to 1989.
The ninth offense OWI is a class G felony with a minimum sentence of three years and maximum sentence of 10 years and up to a $25,000 fine.
The legal blood alcohol limit for a person with more than three previous convictions is 0.02.
- Greenfield unveils inaugural season for new Konkel Park amphitheater
- Greenfield to sell passes for residents not allowed to use dropoff
- Bluemel's Garden & Landscape Center in Greenfield expands with on-site coffee garden
- Greenfield Police blotter: July 21
- St. John the Evangelist Parish to host 49th annual Family Festival
- Greenfield chief meets with President's top advisers in West Wing
- Greenfield Police blotter: July 14, 2016
- Cannon-lover fires eight-gun salute down Greenfield street for Fourth
- Greenfield neighbors roaring about House of Harley's thunder
- Gun, ammunition sales in Greenfield might soon require public hearings