A portion of Heritage West Allis, a senior living campus under construction at 81st Street and National Avenue, is set to open May 1.
The facility, also known as the Pioneer Redevelopment, consists of independent apartments and assisted-living and memory-care units. The independent apartments are scheduled to open in May while the other two parts should open in June, said Mary Hernikl, community relations coordinator.
Despite the housing slowdown, apartment rentals are "moving pretty smoothly," said Hernikl, who did not provide specific rental numbers.
When completed, the facility will have 264 senior-living units, including 120 independent, 80 assisted-care and 74 memory-care units.
- Suburban Milwaukee Now websites to get new look, realignment
- 1940s radio noir comedy to cap Village Playhouse season in West Allis
- West Allis Police blotter: July 28, 2016
- West Allis rechecking pay to ensure market rate compensation, fairness (1)
- Race for Wisconsin's 6th District Senate seat heats up
- It's 'Curtains' for West Allis Players presenting murder and music
- Nathan Hale High School tuneful summer musical set at high school
- West Allis Police blotter: July 21
- In brief, July 7: Gun control, gourmet store, home for the poor
- West Allis bans e-cigarette smoking where tobacco smoking is banned