The Greenfield Plan Commission last night gave preliminary approval to a Sonic restaurant opening on the site of the former Rusty Skillet, 4763 S. 27th St.
The drive-in restaurant, known for its custard and roller-skating servers, aims to open in Greenfield by December. Sonic still needs to complete a traffic control plan before getting final Common Council approval.
Under the plan, Rusty Skillet would be demolished to make way for the construction of a new building, which would be 1,700 square feet, though there is no indoor seating. The parcel itself is 41,000 square feet.
If approved, it would be the third Sonic restaurant to open in the Milwaukee area. One opened in West Milwaukee in February and another is planned for Oak Creek.
- Greenfield unveils inaugural season for new Konkel Park amphitheater
- Greenfield to sell passes for residents not allowed to use dropoff
- Bluemel's Garden & Landscape Center in Greenfield expands with on-site coffee garden
- Greenfield Police blotter: July 21
- St. John the Evangelist Parish to host 49th annual Family Festival
- Greenfield chief meets with President's top advisers in West Wing
- Greenfield Police blotter: July 14, 2016
- Cannon-lover fires eight-gun salute down Greenfield street for Fourth
- Greenfield neighbors roaring about House of Harley's thunder
- Gun, ammunition sales in Greenfield might soon require public hearings