A longtime West Allis-West Milwaukee School Board member has died.
Robert Kitchen, 80, died yesterday following a hospitalization, district Communication Specialist Brian Vissers said. The cause of death was not immediately known.
Kitchen was first elected to the board in 1990 and most recently re-elected in April 2008.
He graduated from high school in Cheboygan, Mich., and earned a bachelor's degree in marketing and economics from Michigan State University in 1951.
Kitchen lived in West Allis for more than 40 years. Besides the School Board, he served on the West Allis Plan Commission from 1978 to 1995 and also on the West Allis Community Improvement Committee.
He is survived by his wife, Marlene, one daughter and two grandchildren.
Vissers said the School Board will observe a moment of silence in Kitchen's memory before the Sept. 28 board meeting.
- Suburban Milwaukee Now websites to get new look, realignment
- 1940s radio noir comedy to cap Village Playhouse season in West Allis
- West Allis Police blotter: July 28, 2016
- West Allis rechecking pay to ensure market rate compensation, fairness (1)
- Race for Wisconsin's 6th District Senate seat heats up
- It's 'Curtains' for West Allis Players presenting murder and music
- Nathan Hale High School tuneful summer musical set at high school
- West Allis Police blotter: July 21
- In brief, July 7: Gun control, gourmet store, home for the poor
- West Allis bans e-cigarette smoking where tobacco smoking is banned