The first CiCi's Pizza Buffet in Wisconsin is set to open in West Allis later this spring, owner/operator Paul Tate said.
The 3,600-square-foot restaurant will combine the spaces of the former Johnny V's and Panchero's restaurants in the Shoppes on 100, 2927 S. 108th St.
CiCi's will feature an all-you-can-eat pizza, pasta, salad and dessert buffet, Tate said. All food is prepared fresh each day at the restaurant.
Tate said he was drawn to the franchise after eating at a Minneapolis CiCi's. After doing more research and attending a franchising expo in Milwaukee, he decided to give the business a shot.
"We thought it would be very good for the Wisconsin area," said Tate, whose background is in the retail grocery business.
West Allis and the Highway 100 corridor appealed to him because of the visibility, traffic counts and demographics, he said.
"The retail synergy in that area was the best we had found," Tate said. "West Allis seemed to be the right kind of location."
The West Allis Plan Commission last night unanimously recommended the Common Council approve CiCi's operating permit. A public hearing will be held Feb. 16.
More than 600 CiCi's restaurants dot the United States. The Dallas-based company has stores predominantly in the south and southeastern part of the country but is spreading throughout the United States, Tate said.
- Suburban Milwaukee Now websites to get new look, realignment
- 1940s radio noir comedy to cap Village Playhouse season in West Allis
- West Allis Police blotter: July 28, 2016
- West Allis rechecking pay to ensure market rate compensation, fairness (1)
- Race for Wisconsin's 6th District Senate seat heats up
- It's 'Curtains' for West Allis Players presenting murder and music
- Nathan Hale High School tuneful summer musical set at high school
- West Allis Police blotter: July 21
- In brief, July 7: Gun control, gourmet store, home for the poor
- West Allis bans e-cigarette smoking where tobacco smoking is banned