A teacher at Frank Lloyd Wright Intermediate School has been placed on administrative leave while authorities investigate a former student's complaint about an alleged assault.
The alleged incident happened in the 2004-05 school year, according to a report from Today's TMJ4. The teacher, a man, was placed on leave April 16, pending the outcome of the investigation.
"We are cooperating fully with the authorities," the school district said in a statement. "We want to assure you that the safety, well being, and protection of the children in our district and community are our number one priority."
The district said parents who have questions can contact student services staff at each school. Officials said they would not be commenting further because it is an ongoing investigation.
The West Allis Police Department could not be immediately reached for comment.
- Suburban Milwaukee Now websites to get new look, realignment
- 1940s radio noir comedy to cap Village Playhouse season in West Allis
- West Allis Police blotter: July 28, 2016
- West Allis rechecking pay to ensure market rate compensation, fairness (1)
- Race for Wisconsin's 6th District Senate seat heats up
- It's 'Curtains' for West Allis Players presenting murder and music
- Nathan Hale High School tuneful summer musical set at high school
- West Allis Police blotter: July 21
- In brief, July 7: Gun control, gourmet store, home for the poor
- West Allis bans e-cigarette smoking where tobacco smoking is banned