Several neighbors of the Parkside Wedding Chapel, 9008 W. Forest Home Ave., Greenfield, attended Tuesday'sGreenfield Common Council meeting to make sure that "no" stayed "no" to the chapel's request to open a banquet room to serve its wedding clients.
The council had decided 4-1 against the request in February mainly because wedding parking already overflows onto the street. Allowing those cars to remain longer would just aggravate the situation in the neighborhood where there is a home on one side of the chapel and apartments on another.
So, the council voted 4-1 again Tuesday in its reconsideration.
Working against chapel owner Jeff Kohl was the council's expectation that he would meet with neighbors to try to make the proposal work. But several neighbors not only attended Tuesday's meeting but spoke against the request.
- Suburban Milwaukee Now websites to get new look, realignment
- 1940s radio noir comedy to cap Village Playhouse season in West Allis
- West Allis Police blotter: July 28, 2016
- West Allis rechecking pay to ensure market rate compensation, fairness
- Race for Wisconsin's 6th District Senate seat heats up
- It's 'Curtains' for West Allis Players presenting murder and music
- Nathan Hale High School tuneful summer musical set at high school
- West Allis Police blotter: July 21
- In brief, July 7: Gun control, gourmet store, home for the poor
- West Allis bans e-cigarette smoking where tobacco smoking is banned