Worry arose this week about the fate of Bunkers in downtown West Allis that had emailed regulars telling them that Bunkers would close Wednesday.
But Thursday owner Scott Bunker said the restaurant at 7420 W. Greenfield Ave. closed to transform itself into an entirely new establishment with a new concept and a new name. He said he was trying for an opening in the first week of October, but that depends on how soon a custom-made piece of kitchen equipment arrives.
Regular customers should be very pleased with the new restaurant, he said, that will keep all the favorites such as the Friday fish fries and the shrimp peel and eat on Wednesdays.
"We decided to get more casual and family-friendly," Bunker said.
The changeover, in the works for nearly three months, will include getting booths, adding televisions, changing the menu and adding different drink specials, he said.
- Suburban Milwaukee Now websites to get new look, realignment
- 1940s radio noir comedy to cap Village Playhouse season in West Allis
- West Allis Police blotter: July 28, 2016
- West Allis rechecking pay to ensure market rate compensation, fairness
- Race for Wisconsin's 6th District Senate seat heats up
- It's 'Curtains' for West Allis Players presenting murder and music
- Nathan Hale High School tuneful summer musical set at high school
- West Allis Police blotter: July 21
- In brief, July 7: Gun control, gourmet store, home for the poor
- West Allis bans e-cigarette smoking where tobacco smoking is banned