The Greenfield School District will hire both an interim superintendent and an interim business manager until candidates can be found to fill both positions permanently, the School Board decided Monday.
Superintendent Conrad Farner departed last week to take a job as human resources director for the Cedarburg School District.
Kristen Kollath, director of business services, will leave next month to accept a position with the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
The board had offered the interim superintendent position to Todd Bugnacki, director of elementary education, but he said he had to decline because of pressing needs in his current position. He was invited to apply for the superintendent's job.
To get the best candidate for superintendent, the board wanted to take its time with an eye to filling the position at least by July 1. There was a feeling that the appointment should be made considerably earlier so the new superintendent can help choose a business manager.
The superintendent and business manager work so closely together that a good match was felt to be important.
- Suburban Milwaukee Now websites to get new look, realignment
- 1940s radio noir comedy to cap Village Playhouse season in West Allis
- West Allis Police blotter: July 28, 2016
- West Allis rechecking pay to ensure market rate compensation, fairness (1)
- Race for Wisconsin's 6th District Senate seat heats up
- It's 'Curtains' for West Allis Players presenting murder and music
- Nathan Hale High School tuneful summer musical set at high school
- West Allis Police blotter: July 21
- In brief, July 7: Gun control, gourmet store, home for the poor
- West Allis bans e-cigarette smoking where tobacco smoking is banned