The Greenfield Public Library will be closed Feb. 3, Super Bowl Sunday, a day when it is nearly deserted every year.
The Library Board approved the closure in November as part of its 2013 calendar approval.
As a side benefit, being closed on Super Bowl Sunday will enable the staff to enjoy Super Bowl parties and get-togethers, said Sheila O'Brien, director of the library, at 5310 W. Layton Ave.
The library's automated exterior book drop/check-in services and the web page will continue to be available.
- Suburban Milwaukee Now websites to get new look, realignment
- 1940s radio noir comedy to cap Village Playhouse season in West Allis
- West Allis Police blotter: July 28, 2016
- West Allis rechecking pay to ensure market rate compensation, fairness (1)
- Race for Wisconsin's 6th District Senate seat heats up
- It's 'Curtains' for West Allis Players presenting murder and music
- Nathan Hale High School tuneful summer musical set at high school
- West Allis Police blotter: July 21
- In brief, July 7: Gun control, gourmet store, home for the poor
- West Allis bans e-cigarette smoking where tobacco smoking is banned