Artist, 81, wins
Lifetime Art Competition
Greenfield — Kenneth Beirle, 81, Greenfield won Interfaith's Lifetime Art Competition and his work along with 24 other local artists' pieces will be displayed in a traveling art show throughout the Milwaukee area from May to February.
The show's grand opening will be at InterContinental's Gallerie "M" in downtown Milwaukee from 6 to 8 p.m., Saturday, May 17. Interfaith is a nonprofit organization that serves the needs of older adults.
Art has been a passion for Beierle since he was 16 years old. His work has been displayed in many higher end art galleries.
Time to speak out
on critical projects
A Town Hall meeting where West Allis residents and business owners can express their concerns about two highway projects that could dramatically affect the city will be held from 5 to 6:30 p.m. May 20 at the MATC West Allis Campus, room 117, 1200 S. 71st St.
A presentation will be given at 5:30 p.m.
The Town Meeting will focus on the potential closure of Interstate 94 ramps at 60th Street and the potential widening of Highway 100.
Man, 74, arrested
for having gun in school
Greenfield police arrested a 74-year-old Milwaukee man for carrying a handgun into Whitnall Middle School on Thursday, April 4, about 4:45p.m., after school was out for the day.
A custodian reported seeing a hand gun in a holster on the man's hip as he sat at a table waiting to pick up a student.
He was taken into custody this afternoon and will be ordered to the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office. Police have determined that the suspect did not have any ill intent and do not believe students and staff were in any danger.
Maple Grove students
shine light on autism
Maple Grove Elementary School students and staff celebrated World Autism Awareness Day on April 2, by dressing in blue.
Residents also can recognize autism awareness by shining a blue light bulb in their porch lights during April.
World Autism Day was adopted by the United Nations in 2007 to shine a bright light on autism as a growing global health crisis.
- In brief, July 7: Gun control, gourmet store, home for the poor
- In Bief: Free meals, fire, mural, fatal, FBI, brewery
- Fresh Thyme Farmers Market coming to 84 South development in Greenfield
- In brief: Reward, state fair deals
- In brief: Police mystery, parks
- In brief: Video contest, cinemas to be razed
- In brief: Whitnall focus group
- In Brief: Dangers, recognition.
- West Allis to hold public hearing for proposed Chick-fil-A restaurant on Highway 100
- News & Notes: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: Aug. 7, 2014 issue
- In Brief: July 24, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: April 3
- News & Notes: March 18
- News & Notes: March 11
- News & Notes: March 4
- News & Notes: Feb. 25