fundraiser for bike trail
The 14th Anniversary Hank Aaron State Trail 5K Run/Walk will be held Aug. 10 at the Klement's Sausage Haus at Miller Park.
The event is the sole fundraiser for the Friends of the Hank Aaron State Trail that runs through West Allis. The Friends maintain, enhance and promote the trail and provide free bike camps each summer for youth in West Allis and in other communities along the trail.
De La Buena will perform live throughout the event and strollers are allowed in the run/walk.
Prizes will be awarded to teams and the top three male and female runners in 14 age categories. Also, every 44th finisher will win a prize in honor of No. 44 Hank Aaron.
It will be a USATF Certified course and the race will be chip timed. It will start at 8:30 a.m. after a 7 to 8:15 a.m. packet pick-up and registration.
A silent auction also will be part of the event.
- In brief, July 7: Gun control, gourmet store, home for the poor
- In Bief: Free meals, fire, mural, fatal, FBI, brewery
- Fresh Thyme Farmers Market coming to 84 South development in Greenfield
- In brief: Reward, state fair deals
- In brief: Police mystery, parks
- In brief: Video contest, cinemas to be razed
- In brief: Whitnall focus group
- In Brief: Dangers, recognition.
- West Allis to hold public hearing for proposed Chick-fil-A restaurant on Highway 100
- News & Notes: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: Aug. 7, 2014 issue
- In Brief: July 24, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: April 3
- News & Notes: March 18
- News & Notes: March 11
- News & Notes: March 4