Hearings on church, restaurant patio
West Allis - Public hearings will be held at 7 p.m. May 1 before the West Allis Common Council at City Hall, 7525 W. Greenfield Ave., on special-use permit requests by a church and a local restaurant.
One hearing will seek comments on The River Church's request to hold services in part of the former school administration building, 9333 W. Lincoln Ave.
The other is for a proposal by Buffalo Wild Wings, 2950 S. 108th St., within the Southtown Plaza Shopping Center, for an outdoor patio.
Those who cannot come to the meeting may send their remarks in writing to the city clerk prior to the hearings.
Area students to perform at Pabst
West Allis and Greenfield area residents Mati Aris, Niko Gavran, Erin Poulos and Jacquie Haertel will perform in Pius XI High School's production of "Phantom of the Opera" at the Pabst Theater, April 19 to 22.
Tickets, ranging from $12 to $35, can be purchased by calling the Pius XI bookstore at (414) 290-8151.
Residents to ask questions, learn about county issues
Greenfield - Milwaukee County District 11 Supervisor Mark Borkowski, who represents parts of Greenfield, will hold a town hall meeting from 6:30 to 9 p.m. May 1 in the Greenfield High School Performing Arts Center, 4800 S. 60th St.
The meeting will include discussion on a variety of topics, including Milwaukee County finances, parks, transit, the impact of the state budget, or any other topics that interest 11th District residents.
Animal hospital turns 'Little Library'
Greenfield - MECA, a 24-hour animal emergency room hospital at 3670 S. 108th St., is now part of "The Little Free Library" movement, offering animal books for anyone to read and take home.
It is believed to be the first veterinary establishment to be part of "The Little Free Library" movement that started about a year ago. People visit the little libraries to both take and contribute books to them, though there is no requirement to donate books.
The "Little Free Libraries" are self-sustaining.
- In brief, July 7: Gun control, gourmet store, home for the poor
- In Bief: Free meals, fire, mural, fatal, FBI, brewery
- Fresh Thyme Farmers Market coming to 84 South development in Greenfield
- In brief: Reward, state fair deals
- In brief: Police mystery, parks
- In brief: Video contest, cinemas to be razed
- In brief: Whitnall focus group
- In Brief: Dangers, recognition.
- West Allis to hold public hearing for proposed Chick-fil-A restaurant on Highway 100
- News & Notes: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: Aug. 7, 2014 issue
- In Brief: July 24, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: April 3
- News & Notes: March 18
- News & Notes: March 11
- News & Notes: March 4