Cause of fatal fire
West Allis - As of Tuesday, the cause of the West Allis fire that killed two children is still "undetermined," officials said, although the investigation is ongoing.
Investigators have found no evidence indicating that the fire was set intentionally, officials said.
It has been determined that both 14-year-old boys died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning and thermal injury, according to an official update.
The fire occurred in the 1600 block of South 57th Street about 3:30 a.m. March 17. The two boys who died were on the second floor of the duplex. Two other boys, ages 13 and 4, who also had been upstairs, escaped the fire. They were taken to the hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation. The family living on the first floor got out.
Blood drive Monday
at St. John the Evangelist
Greenfield - St. John the Evangelist Church, 8500 W. Cold Spring Road, Greenfield, will hold a blood drive from 2:30 to 7:30 p.m. Monday in the church hall.
More information is available at (414) 321-1965.
Winning lotto ticket
sold at West Allis grocery
West Allis - A $350,000 top prize winning ticket in the Wisconsin Lottery's SuperCash! daily lotto game was sold at Pick 'n Save, 6760 W. National Ave., West Allis.
The buyer matched all six winning numbers in the March 21 SuperCash! drawing to claim the $350,000 top prize. The winning SuperCash! numbers were 02, 10, 17, 18, 35 and 39.
SuperCash! is a daily lotto game played only in Wisconsin. Players try to match the six winning numbers drawn each night from a field of 39 numbers for a chance to win prizes of $1, $30, $500 and the top prize of $350,000.
- In brief, July 7: Gun control, gourmet store, home for the poor
- In Bief: Free meals, fire, mural, fatal, FBI, brewery
- Fresh Thyme Farmers Market coming to 84 South development in Greenfield
- In brief: Reward, state fair deals
- In brief: Police mystery, parks
- In brief: Video contest, cinemas to be razed
- In brief: Whitnall focus group
- In Brief: Dangers, recognition.
- West Allis to hold public hearing for proposed Chick-fil-A restaurant on Highway 100
- News & Notes: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: Aug. 7, 2014 issue
- In Brief: July 24, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: April 3
- News & Notes: March 18
- News & Notes: March 11
- News & Notes: March 4