Library to be open only to voters on Election Day
Greenfield - The Greenfield Public Library is a polling place and will be closed to regular library patrons on Nov. 6, Election Day, because so many people are expected to come to vote in the presidential, senatorial and local races.
The library will be closed to all but voters because the library cannot guarantee safe and convenient parking and easy entrance into the building for library patrons and voters, said library director Sheila O'Brien.
Boy, 6, injured while trick-or-treating
Greenfield - A 6-year-old Greenfield boy sustained minor injuries after he ran into the side of a passing van while trick-or-treating about 2:20 p.m. Sunday.
According to Greenfield police, the child darted from between two parked vehicles in the 4600 block of 48th Street. He was wearing a mask as part of his costume, but it was on top of his head at the time of the accident, police said. The child was taken to the hospital.
Forum for candidates in Assembly, Senate races
Greenfield - The candidate forum for the 82nd, 83rd and 84th Assembly and 28th State Senate races that was to have been Oct. 24 will be held from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Thursdayat the Greenfield City Hall, 7325 W. Forest Home Ave.
Applications due for Whitnall board vacancy
Greenfield - The deadline for submitting a request to be considered for appointment to the Whitnall School Board is 4 p.m. Thursday.
The board will appoint someone to fill the unexpired term of Suzette Larson who resigned last month. Her term ends in April.
The board will interview candidates Nov. 12 and make the appointment then.
The district office has received letters of intent, resumes and answers to candidate questionnaire from several people as of Tuesday. The questionnaires are available online at whitnall.com. They and letters of intent and resumes are to be turned in to board clerk, Stephanie Richter, c/o Whitnall School District, 5000 S. 116th St., Greenfield.
- In brief, July 7: Gun control, gourmet store, home for the poor
- In Bief: Free meals, fire, mural, fatal, FBI, brewery
- Fresh Thyme Farmers Market coming to 84 South development in Greenfield
- In brief: Reward, state fair deals
- In brief: Police mystery, parks
- In brief: Video contest, cinemas to be razed
- In brief: Whitnall focus group
- In Brief: Dangers, recognition.
- West Allis to hold public hearing for proposed Chick-fil-A restaurant on Highway 100
- News & Notes: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: Aug. 7, 2014 issue
- In Brief: July 24, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: April 3
- News & Notes: March 18
- News & Notes: March 11
- News & Notes: March 4