Radtke Park at 84th Street and National Avenue is the best site for a skate park, the West Allis Common Council decided Tuesday.
The city hopes to use federal community development block grant money to create a skate park with the help of a generous private donor, so no property taxes would be used.
Now designing can go forward with a target completion by Christmas. Construction would be next spring.
The city studied 16 potential sites and Radtke Park had more of what city officials were looking for, they said.
- Suburban Milwaukee Now websites to get new look, realignment
- 1940s radio noir comedy to cap Village Playhouse season in West Allis
- West Allis Police blotter: July 28, 2016
- West Allis rechecking pay to ensure market rate compensation, fairness (1)
- Race for Wisconsin's 6th District Senate seat heats up
- It's 'Curtains' for West Allis Players presenting murder and music
- Nathan Hale High School tuneful summer musical set at high school
- West Allis Police blotter: July 21
- In brief, July 7: Gun control, gourmet store, home for the poor
- West Allis bans e-cigarette smoking where tobacco smoking is banned