Starting today, new garbage and recycling carts will start arriving at Greenfield homes, but residents shouldn't use them just yet.
On Jan.1, Greenfield will begin a five-year residential garbage and recycling contract with Johns Disposal Service of Whitewater. This contract will serve residential properties of four units or less.
The new carts, which will be delivered throughout the month, shouldn't be used until after the last refuse collection in December.
The new carts will be picked up by an automated arm mounted on new trucks that have been purchased to serve Greenfield customers.
- Suburban Milwaukee Now websites to get new look, realignment
- 1940s radio noir comedy to cap Village Playhouse season in West Allis
- West Allis Police blotter: July 28, 2016
- West Allis rechecking pay to ensure market rate compensation, fairness (1)
- Race for Wisconsin's 6th District Senate seat heats up
- It's 'Curtains' for West Allis Players presenting murder and music
- Nathan Hale High School tuneful summer musical set at high school
- West Allis Police blotter: July 21
- In brief, July 7: Gun control, gourmet store, home for the poor
- West Allis bans e-cigarette smoking where tobacco smoking is banned