David Richlen has resigned from the Greenfield School Board because his family is moving to Franklin.
The family, which is expecting a third child in November, decided that their house in Greenfield is too small, Richlen explained. They want to move to Franklin to be closer to grandparents.
"I enjoyed being on the board," Richlen said Tuesday.
His term expires in April 2013 when an election will be held to fill a new three-year term.
Because the School Board may appoint someone to serve until then, the board is asking for anyone wanting to be considered for appointment to submit a written letter of interest and is strongly encouraged to include a resume with qualifications to Cathy Walsh, School Board Clerk, School District of Greenfield Board of Education and Administration Center, 4850 S. 60th St., Greenfield WI 53220
Applications may be mailed or dropped off no later than 4 p.m. July 16.
- Suburban Milwaukee Now websites to get new look, realignment
- 1940s radio noir comedy to cap Village Playhouse season in West Allis
- West Allis Police blotter: July 28, 2016
- West Allis rechecking pay to ensure market rate compensation, fairness
- Race for Wisconsin's 6th District Senate seat heats up
- It's 'Curtains' for West Allis Players presenting murder and music
- Nathan Hale High School tuneful summer musical set at high school
- West Allis Police blotter: July 21
- In brief, July 7: Gun control, gourmet store, home for the poor
- West Allis bans e-cigarette smoking where tobacco smoking is banned