The way is clear for Cornerstone Christian Life Tabernacle to settle in its own home in West Allis.
The West Allis Common Council on Tuesday approved a special-use permit the church needed to renovate and move into a former credit union building at 5433 W. Burnham St.
Currently, the congregation of about 45 rents space at Grace Chapel at 81st Street and Lapham Avenue in West Allis, where it has held worship services for about eight years.
The congregation plans to extensively renovate the Burnham Street building, with the inside completely redesigned and the exterior freshened up.
- Suburban Milwaukee Now websites to get new look, realignment
- 1940s radio noir comedy to cap Village Playhouse season in West Allis
- West Allis Police blotter: July 28, 2016
- West Allis rechecking pay to ensure market rate compensation, fairness
- Race for Wisconsin's 6th District Senate seat heats up
- It's 'Curtains' for West Allis Players presenting murder and music
- Nathan Hale High School tuneful summer musical set at high school
- West Allis Police blotter: July 21
- In brief, July 7: Gun control, gourmet store, home for the poor
- West Allis bans e-cigarette smoking where tobacco smoking is banned