With the current stretch of dry weather, the West Allis Fire Department will take extra precautions at this year's Fourth of July fireworks, said Lt. Jay Scharfenberg, public information officer.
The entire launch area at the State Fair Park, where the fireworks will be set off on July 4, will be wetted down, he said.
He also reminded city residents that all fireworks are illegal in West Allis, "this year more than ever."
- Suburban Milwaukee Now websites to get new look, realignment
- 1940s radio noir comedy to cap Village Playhouse season in West Allis
- West Allis Police blotter: July 28, 2016
- West Allis rechecking pay to ensure market rate compensation, fairness (1)
- Race for Wisconsin's 6th District Senate seat heats up
- It's 'Curtains' for West Allis Players presenting murder and music
- Nathan Hale High School tuneful summer musical set at high school
- West Allis Police blotter: July 21
- In brief, July 7: Gun control, gourmet store, home for the poor
- West Allis bans e-cigarette smoking where tobacco smoking is banned