West Allis - A good number of local athletes earned high places at the 2011 Special Olympics of Wisconsin State Summer Games in Stevens Point earlier this month.
West Allis residents claiming first places were Taylor Krueger in the 100-meter individual medley and Richard Lorscheter in the 100-meter dash. Greenfield's Nicole Mills won the standing long jump.
West Allis residents taking second were Krueger in the 50 backstroke and Ryan Wick in the five-a-side soccer team. For Greenfield, Marissa Robinette was second in the 100 freestyle relay and Tiffany Schmalzer second in the turbo javelin.
For West Allis, taking third were Katie Muench in the 400 track relay, Lorscheter in the 400 track relay and turbo javelin, Madeleine Ehlers in the running long jump and Matthew Grulke in the 100 freestyle relay. For Greenfield, Rebecca Christensen was third in the 100 dash.
Taking fourth for West Allis were Emily Wisch in the softball throw, Stephanie Becker in the five-a-side soccer and Grulke in the 100 swimming medley relay. For Greenfield, fourths were captured by Robinette in the 100 swimming medley relay and Karen Grzegorski in the five-a-side soccer.
Coming in fifth were Muench in the 200 dash and Schmalzer in the standing long jump.
- John Rech
- West Allis Central freshman pitchers offer Bulldogs hope for future seasons
- Kling pitches two-hitter as West Allis Hale baseball team downs Whitnall in regional
- West Allis Hale baseball team mired in losing string in GMC Tourney
- Lack of clutch hitting, mistakes hurt West Allis Central baseball team in four defeats
- Whitnall baseball team sweeps Shorewood, loses to Eisenhower in Woodland Conference
- West Allis Central baseball team rallies past Nicolet for second victory of season
- Struggling West Allis Hale baseball team victimized by opposition's big innings
- Sports Notes: June 30, 2016
- West Allis Hale baseball team experiences tough times during busy week
- Sports Notes: June 23, 2016