The Greenfield baseball team dropped a 6-4 contest to the Southeast Wisconsin Christian Homeschool Athletes squad June 26.
Parker Rome went 3-for-4 and drove in two runs, while Zach Szalacinski was 2-for-4 for the Hustlin' Hawks, who outhit SWCHA 9-4 in the defeat.
Dominick Meyer, Adam Nischke and Zach Szalacinski all pitched for Greenfield, which fell to 8-8 overall.
A scheduled two-game set with St. Francis for June 23-24 was moved to earlier this week.
The Hawks welcome New Berlin Eisenhower at 5 p.m. Thursday, July 3, and are then off until Monday, July 7, when they host Brown Deer, also at 5 p.m.
Greenfield visits Brown Deer at 7 p.m. Tuesday, July 8, as Woodland Conference play winds down for the season.
-- John Rech
- Lack of varsity experience hurt Greenfield baseball team this season
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Slow finish to season drops Whitnall baseball team to just above .500
- Greenfield baseball team's season ends at hands of New Berlin West in regional
- Whitnall baseball team posts 1-3 mark in string of close contests
- Strong pitching helps lift Greenfield baseball team to two victories in Woodland Tournament
- Greenfield's Matthias puts finishing touches on brilliant pitching career in softball
- Bauer, Cimler, Sutton teamed up to boost Whitnall softball team to new heights
- Clutch hitting helps Whitnall baseball team complete three-game Woodland sweep
- Struggles continue for Greenfield baseball team in 0-3 week