West Allis Central
Bobby Gnatzig earned two places for the Bulldogs in the Nelson-Daniels Invitational on March 21 at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater.
Gnatzig placed fourth in the high jump with six feet and sixth in the long jump with 20-feet-5 1/4 inches.
Ryan Straus claimed ninth in the 800 (2 minutes, 10.18 seconds) and Dan Diebitz 11th in the pole vault (10-6).
Ryan Barwick seized 12th in the high jump (5-6) and Alex Nesbitt 13th in the triple jump (38-1 1/2 ). Miguel Diaz finished 19th in the triple jump (37-4 3/4 ).
Central also placed eighth in the 3,200 relay (8:54.9).
The Bulldogs tallied nine points to tie for 18th in the 27-team meet, which was won by Hartland Arrowhead (66).
The Bulldogs won a home triangular meet on March 17 with 71 points, beating Whitnall and Wauwatosa East. Gnatzig won the high jump and long jump.
"This should be a rebuilding year after losing a lot of seniors," coach Dale Lindenberg said. "We have just 11 seniors and a lot of juniors and sophomores."
The Hustlin' Hawks tallied 12 points in the season-opening New Berlin West Quadrangular on March 17.
Dominique Gray claimed second place in the 1,600 run with 5 minutes, 30.5 seconds for the Hawks' highest spot.
Richard Kusisto placed third in the 55 dash (7.34 seconds), and fourths were taken by Ryan Manzuk in the 400 dash (1:02.19) and William Sura in the shot put (36 feet-10 inches).
Dan Schaff snared fifth in the 55 dash (7.53) to round out Greenfield's scoring.
The Hawks also took part in the Nelson-Daniels Classic on March 21 at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, but did not score.
Kevin Hanneken earned the highest spots, finishing 17th in the long jump (18-8 1/2 ) and 19th in the 400 (55.89).
- John Rech, Staff Writer
- West Allis Central freshman pitchers offer Bulldogs hope for future seasons
- Kling pitches two-hitter as West Allis Hale baseball team downs Whitnall in regional
- West Allis Hale baseball team mired in losing string in GMC Tourney
- Lack of clutch hitting, mistakes hurt West Allis Central baseball team in four defeats
- Whitnall baseball team sweeps Shorewood, loses to Eisenhower in Woodland Conference
- West Allis Central baseball team rallies past Nicolet for second victory of season
- Struggling West Allis Hale baseball team victimized by opposition's big innings
- Sports Notes: June 30, 2016
- West Allis Hale baseball team experiences tough times during busy week
- Sports Notes: June 23, 2016