West Allis - Waige Fischer of West Allis Central rolled up 127 yards rushing and three touchdowns as the Bulldogs topped Greenfield, 21-13, in a non-conference football game on Oct. 18.
Fischer tallied on rushes of 25, four and five yards as Central built an early 21-0 advantage over its neighbors.
Greenfield rallied on a 4-yard scoring run from Ashton Wendler and a 53-yard touchdown burst by Xavier Copeland to come within 21-13, but the Hustlin' Hawks could get no closer.
Central quarterback Will Konecny completed four passes for 55 yards, with Fischer catching two for 31 yards. Dushon Glover added 29 yards on the ground for the Bulldogs.
For the Hawks, Copeland finished with 102 yards rushing and Reggie Blakely 64 yards. Quarterback Alec Piekarski connected on two passes, both to Wendler, for 25 yards.
The Bulldogs finished the campaign with two straight victories and a 2-7 record, the same as the Hustlin' Hawks.
- John Rech
- West Allis Central freshman pitchers offer Bulldogs hope for future seasons
- Kling pitches two-hitter as West Allis Hale baseball team downs Whitnall in regional
- West Allis Hale baseball team mired in losing string in GMC Tourney
- Lack of clutch hitting, mistakes hurt West Allis Central baseball team in four defeats
- Whitnall baseball team sweeps Shorewood, loses to Eisenhower in Woodland Conference
- West Allis Central baseball team rallies past Nicolet for second victory of season
- Struggling West Allis Hale baseball team victimized by opposition's big innings
- Sports Notes: June 30, 2016
- West Allis Hale baseball team experiences tough times during busy week
- Sports Notes: June 23, 2016