Greenfield - Nicole Otto of Greenfield tends to attain most of her goals - and she realized her aspirations once again at the United States Junior National Championships in figure skating last week in East Lansing, Mich.
She qualified for the final round and wound up placing 14th in the Intermediate Ladies category in the national event.
"We are so proud," said her mother, Jennifer. "The competition was unbelievable! Her goal when she got out there was top 15, so she just made that. It was a great experience."
The trip held an additional benefit for Nicole, 14, who is a freshman at Whitnall High School.
"The rinks were on the campus of Michigan State University, so she got to see that college life going on around her," Jennifer continued. "She loved it. Outside of the constant stress of competing out there, it was really fun."
- John Rech
- Lack of varsity experience hurt Greenfield baseball team this season
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Slow finish to season drops Whitnall baseball team to just above .500
- Greenfield baseball team's season ends at hands of New Berlin West in regional
- Whitnall baseball team posts 1-3 mark in string of close contests
- Strong pitching helps lift Greenfield baseball team to two victories in Woodland Tournament
- Greenfield's Matthias puts finishing touches on brilliant pitching career in softball
- Bauer, Cimler, Sutton teamed up to boost Whitnall softball team to new heights
- Clutch hitting helps Whitnall baseball team complete three-game Woodland sweep
- Struggles continue for Greenfield baseball team in 0-3 week