Whitnall sixth-graders 12th in state tournament
The Whitnall sixth-grade girls basketball team finished 12th in the Wisconsin State Invitational Basketball Tournament last month.
The tournament is a select event for the top teams in the state at each age level, and the Falcons were 12th in the 24-team Division 2.
Team members are Abbey Kenaston, Liv Thompson, Samantha Loeffler, Tess Polacheck, Catherine McCarthy, Quincy Markee, Helen Smasal, Alyssa Tolson, Katie Frank, Isabella Nowak, Kaya Schwarz and Haley Wynn.
The head coach is Steve Kenaston and his assistant is Kelly Thompson.
SWAT swim tryouts slated for April 27 in Muskego
The Southwest Aquatic Team will be holding tryouts at 2 p.m. on April 27 at the Muskego High School pool.
Participants will need to swim one pool length in both the front crawl and backstroke. They should bring a swimsuit, towel and swim goggles.
Evaluations will take about 60 to 90 minutes, and an orientation meeting for parents will take place during that time. Registrations for the spring/summer session will be taken on site immediately following the tryouts, and forms and fees will be collected at that time.
Early registration is appreciated and can be done by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (262) 679-7928.
For more information, visit the club website at www.swimswat.org.
Basketball RAP schedules summer academy session
The Basketball RAP 2013 Summer Youth Academy will be held from June 17-July 11.
The academy will run from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m., with one-hour groups every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Time slots will be determined.
In the week of July 4, practice will be held on Monday, Tuesday and Friday.
The first week is at St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Muskego and the final three weeks at Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church in Waukesha. The cost is $395 per player.
Memorial Day basketball Tournament slated by RAP
A Memorial Day Mayhem basketball tournament will be held on May 25-26 at the Center Court Sports Complex in Waukesha.
The tournament, sponsored by Wisconsin RAP, will be open to boys and girls in grades four through eight. There is a $215 team registration fee.
For more information, visit www.wisrap.com or email email@example.com.
- Sports Notes: June 30, 2016
- Sports Notes: June 23, 2016
- Sports Notes: June 9, 2016
- Sports Notes: June 2, 2016
- West Allis Sports Notes: May 26
- Sports Notes: May 19, 2016
- Sports Notes: May 12, 2016
- Sports Notes: May 5, 2016
- Sports Notes: April 28, 2016
- Sports Notes: April 21, 2016
- Sports Notes: April 14, 2016
- Sports Notes: April 7, 2016
- Sports Notes: March 24, 2016
- Sports Notes: Feb. 18, 2016
- Sports Notes: Feb. 11, 2016
- Sports Notes: Feb. 4, 2016
- Sports Notes: Jan. 21, 2016
- Sports Notes: Jan. 14, 2016
- Sports Notes: Dec. 31, 2015
- Sports Notes: Dec. 24, 2015