Leah Windt and Jenny Lawton brought home first places for the Whitnall girls track and field team to key the Falcons' efforts in the Cedarburg Invitational on March 19.
Windt won the 800-meter run in 2 minutes, 34.22 seconds and Lawton took the 55 hurdles with 10.58 seconds for Whitnall, which tallied 58 points for fifth place in the meet.
Coming in third for the Falcons were Jenny Bahling in the 800 run (2:40.96) and Jasmine Van Tine in the 1,600 run (6:07.47).
Taking fourth were Brooke Berglund in the 3,200 run (13:35) and Hannah Fischer in the 55 hurdles (10.72). Claiming fifth were Alyssa Woo in the 3,200 (13:38) and the 640 relay (1:39.81).
Lani Cieszynski finished sixth in the pole vault (6 feet, 6 inches) and Kim Hurst seventh in the 1,600 run (6:21.9).
Coming back with eighths were Amanda Rosenwald in the 400 dash (1:12.79), Sarah Czerwinski in the 55 dash (8.8) and Kina Cross in the 1,600 run (6:31.33).
- John Rech
- Lack of varsity experience hurt Greenfield baseball team this season
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Slow finish to season drops Whitnall baseball team to just above .500
- Greenfield baseball team's season ends at hands of New Berlin West in regional
- Whitnall baseball team posts 1-3 mark in string of close contests
- Strong pitching helps lift Greenfield baseball team to two victories in Woodland Tournament
- Greenfield's Matthias puts finishing touches on brilliant pitching career in softball
- Bauer, Cimler, Sutton teamed up to boost Whitnall softball team to new heights
- Clutch hitting helps Whitnall baseball team complete three-game Woodland sweep
- Struggles continue for Greenfield baseball team in 0-3 week