Seasonal flu vaccination clinics administered by the Aurora Visiting Nurse Association will begin October 6 in Greenfield.
The clinics will take place at community locations throughout the area. Cost for a seasonal flu vaccination is $30 when paying by cash or check, and pneumonia shots are $55. Medicare Part B and Medicaid are accepted as payment.
For more information about the seasonal flu and where you can find an Aurora Visiting Nurse Association Shoo the Flu clinic, log on to www.Aurora.org/flu.
Shoo the Flu! clinics scheduled for Greenfield include:
Wednesday, October 6
•10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at YMCA, 11311 W. Howard Ave., Greenfield
Thursday, October 7
•10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at Aurora Health Center, 6901 W. Edgerton Ave., Greenfield
Tuesday, October 12
•10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at Sendik’s Food Market, 7901 W. Layton Ave., Greenfield
Friday, October 15
•10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at Greenfield City Hall, 7325 W. Forest Home Ave., Greenfield
Wednesday, October 20
•3 – 7 p.m. at Aurora Health Center, 6901 W. Edgerton Ave., Greenfield
Thursday, October 28
•1 – 5 p.m. at Greenfield City Hall, 7325 W. Forest Home Ave., Greenfield
The Aurora Visiting Nurse Association recommends following common-sense rules of hygiene and health care to avoid getting the flu:
-Get a flu shot every year.
-Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Discard the tissue immediately.
-Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer often, especially after coughing or sneezing.
-Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
-Avoid contact with sick people.
-Get plenty of sleep.
-Eat a well-balanced diet.
-Drink plenty of fluids.
-Participate in physical activity and avoid stress as much as possible.
The Aurora VNA is a not-for-profit agency that has been committed to keeping people independent in their homes since 1907 and is the most comprehensive source of home care services in eastern Wisconsin. The VNA is part of Aurora Health Care, a not-for-profit health care provider and a national leader in efforts to improve the quality of health care. Aurora offers services at sites in more than 90 communities throughout eastern Wisconsin.
About Aurora Health Care
Aurora Health Care is a not-for-profit Wisconsin health care provider and a national leader in efforts to improve health care quality. Aurora offers services at sites in more than 90 communities throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern Illinois.
- Postal Service Outperforms Green Goals
- Safe Disposal For Unused Or Unwanted Prescriptions
- Diana Laurence’s New Novel To Support Kiva.Org
- Greenfield Post Office Offers 24-Hour Service At Its Automated Postal Center On Monday, February 21
- Greenfield Post Office offers 24 hour service at their Automated Postal Center on Dr. Martin Luther King Holiday, Monday January 17th, 2011.
- Local Postal Employee shows the true meaning of Holiday giving.
- Milwaukee/NARI Awards $50 Savings Bonds To 2010 Fall Show Coloring Contest Winners
- Seasonal Flu Vaccination Clinics Available To Public
- Health Department Urges Residents To Get Flu Vaccine
- USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes: Your College students care Package