Nativity of the Lord Parish, Cudahy, is having a book sale to raise money and to honor a parishioner who was an advid collector of books. Elaine Repinski died on March 8, 2009. For the last 35 years of her short life she rummaged and met many people who were selling books. One book led her to collecting many books. She collected 1000's of books dating back to the early 1800's to 2009. Her love of reading led her to collect cookbooks such as Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, The Electric Co, and many more became favorites of her. She even found Kate Smith cookbooks too. Her family often teased, " you read these books, more than you cook from them."
The Book Sale runs for the next four Saturdays at the Parish Educational Center, 3658 E. Plankinton Avenue, Cudahy, Wisconsin.
Elaine's collection of books and many, many cookbooks were donated to the parish. The parish is happy to honor Elaines's life and invites you to come enjoy a book from her collection.
Join Us....Celebrate Elaine's Life with a good book: October 2, 9, 16 and the 23rd.
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- Cudahy National Night Out Thursday August 4th
- Return to Packard Avenue celebration part of Cudahy National Night Oout
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival