West Suburban YMCA Encourages Communitywide Health And Opens Doors For Healthy Living Kickoff
Thanking the community with free admission at all area centers for one week
The West Suburban YMCA Center, part of the YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee, is taking another step to help the entire community improve its health by opening its doors and offering free access for one week, starting on Sunday, Nov. 28 and concluding on Saturday, Dec. 4. Called the Healthy Living Kickoff, this first ever special offer is designed to encourage people to be active and make better choices in terms of nutrition, exercise and overall well-being.
Bob Yamachika, president and CEO of the YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee, said the purpose of the weeklong offer is two-fold.
“First of all, our organization would not exist without the tremendous support of this community, and we are opening our doors as a way of saying thank you for all that you have done for us. Secondly, we remain committed to strengthening our community and hope that by opening our doors it becomes a conversation starter for individuals and families as to how they may be able to add healthy activity into their day in order to become confident, connected and secure.”
The West Suburban YMCA is able to provide programs and services to families and individuals in large part by the support of members, community participants, organizations, volunteers and donors. The Healthy Living Kickoff week enables the Y to say thanks and also encourage healthy living.
Participants are encouraged to explore the wellness centers and program offerings, including various classes to discover new ways to improve their personal health. The Y hopes people will establish, nurture and maintain new, healthier habits as a result.
The Y works to develop the potential of every child and teen, improve the community’s health and well-being, and works to give back and support our neighbors. These are elements that serve as factors in helping to build a healthier, more vibrant community.
For more information about the Healthy Living Kickoff, visit www.ymcamke.org or call the West Suburban YMCA at (414) 302-9622.
- Cat Network 1st Annual Brat Fry
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- ERBERT & GERBERT’S OPENS AT THE MEDICAL COLLEGE OF WISCONSIN
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- McKinley Lodge hosts "World Famous Fish Fry"
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Rogers Behavioral Health to Host Job Fair on August 11
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?