Mount Carmel Celebrates Diversity
Mount Carmel Health and Rehabilitation Center-Milwaukee: In the month of January Mount Carmel celebrated diversity and honored Martin Luther King, Jr... We held an essay contest for residents and our staff with the topic of “I have a Dream”. As a result, the articles depicted dreams of world peace, being extraordinary, accepting people for who they are and what they have accomplished, hoping for success and being a “Rock Star.” The essays were judged by our local officials: Mayor of Greenfield, Michael Neitzke; Milwaukee County Supervisor; Mark Borkowski, Greenfield Chief of Police Frances Springob and Greenfield’s Fire Chief, Russel Spahn.
On January 21st we celebrated the accomplishments and sacrifices of Martin Luther King, Jr. with a social in our Grand Dining Room. A biography of Dr. King’s life was presented as well as excerpts from his “I Have a Dream Speech”. During this event we announced the winners of the essay contest which were Jackie Bartnikowski (Resident) and Jerry Tollefson (Activity Therapy). We were very grateful for everyone’s participation. The essays were truly inspiring and thought provoking.
(In Photo Essay Participants: Bottom Left: James McNeal, Dawn Medford, Don Villwock, Jackie Bartnikowski (Resident Winner)
Top Left: Milwaukee County Supervisor, Mark Borkowski (Judge), and Jerry Tollefson (Staff winner)
- JB’s on 41 Raises Funds in August for Brightening Veterans Lives (BVL) Charity
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!
- Welcome Pokemon Go Players
- TAPAS & FLAMENCO GUITARIST D'Arez
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- Rogers Behavioral Health to Host Job Fair on August 11
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- USO Motorcycle Ride
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale