The Greenfield High School Drama Department will be performing Oscar Wilde’s, The Importance of Being Earnest. Performances are on Thursday, April 7th; Friday, April 8th; and Saturday, April 9th at 7pm each night. Advanced tickets are $5 for students and senior citizens and $8 for adults. They can be purchased by calling 414-281-6200 extension 2531. Tickets can also be purchased at the door one hour prior to each performance at a cost of $7 for students and senior citizens and $10 for adults. All seats are general admission.
The 22 students involved in the cast and crew have been working very hard to bring this farce to life. The play, originally performed in 1895, is a satire of social etiquette in 19th century England. Algernon (played by Connor Zimmerman) and Jack (Eli Haas) are friends who both rely on the alternate identity of “Earnest Worthing.” When the women to whom they are engaged (Kat Voelker and Sandra Polakowski) meet and discuss the men, they mistakenly believe that they are engaged to the same man. Once everyone’s true identity is revealed, will the women forgive them? And in the end, who discovers that he is not who he thought he was all along? This British comedy is sure to keep everyone laughing!!
- JB’s on 41 Raises Funds in August for Brightening Veterans Lives (BVL) Charity
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!
- Welcome Pokemon Go Players
- TAPAS & FLAMENCO GUITARIST D'Arez
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- Rogers Behavioral Health to Host Job Fair on August 11
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- USO Motorcycle Ride
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale