Community Health Charities of Wisconsin announced today that their revenues are up an astounding 28 percent from last year, raising more than $2.733 million for their member charities.
“While charities around the country are saying ‘the new up is flat’, being up 28 percent is really a testament to a strategic transformation we set in motion five years ago,” says Gary Ross, PhD, President and CEO at Community Health Charities of Wisconsin. “We have slowly, deliberately and intentionally changed direction within our organization, focusing on our business and putting our members first. I’m proud to say it is working.”
Community Health Charities is not a fundraising entity, but an agent for their members in company giving campaigns. The organization provides a service to its members by putting them in front of employees in companies throughout Wisconsin.
“Having worked in the for-profit side of business for many years, I’ve been able to apply the knowledge I have gained as a corporate leader and business professor and incorporate it into a successful business plan for the non -profit world,” says Ross. “Change can be difficult, but it can be undertaken continually and incrementally if everyone stays focused on the same direction.”
Community Health Charities of Wisconsin is a federation of Wisconsin’s most trusted health care charities. CHCWI and its members work to connect employees to these organizations through workplace/employee contribution campaigns, in both the public and private sectors. Contributors to CHCWI make direct designation choices to the member charities. These contributions are passed to the charities that use them to fund local support, education and other programs for Wisconsin residents. For more information, call 414-918-9100 or visit www.healthcharities.org/wisconsin.
- Cat Network 1st Annual Brat Fry
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- ERBERT & GERBERT’S OPENS AT THE MEDICAL COLLEGE OF WISCONSIN
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- McKinley Lodge hosts "World Famous Fish Fry"
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Rogers Behavioral Health to Host Job Fair on August 11
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?