This past weekend the 11U Milwaukee Angels battled to win their third straight Wisconsin State Championship. The USSSA State of Wisconsin State Championship was held June 24th-26th in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin. The Milwaukee Angels faced many of the toughest teams in the State of Wisconsin in this tournament. The Angels played and won all of their pool games seeding first for Bracket play. During pool play they allowed no team to score against them. The 11U Milwaukee Angels then went on to win all bracket games and a very tough championship game against the 11U Oak Creek Storm.
The Milwaukee Angels Travel Baseball team is comprised of boys from Milwaukee, Oak Creek, Franklin, Greenfield and Greendale. These boys travel around the country playing baseball almost year round. Thanks to a new indoor training facility, The Halo, the boys can even play in the dead of winter.
This year's state tournament was extra special as the entire Milwaukee Angel organization took Home Wins at State. This is the first time in Wisconsin that that one organization has produced state champions in all age brackets 9U, 10U, 11U, and 12U.
- New Play Initiative: A New Commission by Regina Taylor
- Vanishing Point
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- Railway Adventure Trip
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- Oak Creek Majors Girls Softball Wins State Title
- Illinois-Based Alexander-King Farms Complaints Rack Up from Wisconsin Consumers over Undelivered Meat