One-hundred eighty-four students will walk across the Alverno College Pitman Theatre stage (39th St. and Morgan Ave.) on December 17 at 2 p.m. to receive their undergraduate degrees. Forty-one master’s candidates will receive their degrees from Alverno on Friday, December 16, at 7:30 p.m., in Alverno’s Wehr Hall, 4100 W. Morgan Avenue.
Commencement activities for undergraduates will begin with an 11 a.m. liturgy in the Alverno College chapel, followed by a brunch for degree candidates and their families. The undergraduate commencement introduction will be given by Mara Henningsen, who will receive a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business and Management; the undergraduate invocation will be given by Margaret Wambui, who will receive a Bachelor of Arts degree in Management Accounting; and the student address, “Scissors Are Sharp,” will be given by Susan Russ-Belhumeur, who will receive a Bachelor of Arts degree in Community Leadership. The graduate commencement invocation will be given by Michelle Westrich, who will receive a Master of Science in Nursing Education. A champagne reception will follow the graduate commencement ceremony. Russ-Belhumeur and Henningsen are Milwaukee residents, Wambui is from Kenya, and Westrich is from Racine.
About Alverno College
Alverno College, a four-year independent, Catholic, liberal arts college for women, exists to promote the personal and professional development of its students. The college has earned accolades and respect internationally for its highly effective ability-based, assessment-as-learning approach to education, and has consulted with three U.S. presidential administrations on accountability and outcomes in higher education. Educators from throughout the world visit Alverno to learn about its proven, student-centered teaching methods.
Alverno offers more than 35 major program areas of study, including graduate programs in education, nursing, business and community psychology that are open to women and men. For more information about Alverno, visit our Web site at www.alverno.edu or call 414-382-6100.
- Cat Network 1st Annual Brat Fry
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- ERBERT & GERBERT’S OPENS AT THE MEDICAL COLLEGE OF WISCONSIN
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- McKinley Lodge hosts "World Famous Fish Fry"
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Rogers Behavioral Health to Host Job Fair on August 11
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?