Each year the Wisconsin Fair Housing Network holds a Poster and Essay Contest to commemorate Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968. The City of West Allis Fair Housing Board sponsors the local contest for students in grades K-12 and special education students at all schools, private and public, in the City of West Allis and the Village of West Milwaukee.
Traditionally, the West Allis-West Milwaukee School District students create posters and essays as part of this contest. This year, like in the past, the WAWM Schools students have done well in this contest, with over 1,000 students in our school district entered the 2012 City of West Allis Fair Housing Poster and Essay Contest. Our schools integrate this into their curriculum and use this contest as a learning opportunity in which students create posters and essays to enter into the annual City of West Allis Fair Housing Poster and Essay Contest.
In this year’s Poster Contest, students in the WAWM Schools earned 41 of a possible 42 awards while in the Essay Contest they earned 2 of the possible 3 awards. Congratulations to all of the students who earned awards in this contest.
- Cat Network 1st Annual Brat Fry
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- ERBERT & GERBERT’S OPENS AT THE MEDICAL COLLEGE OF WISCONSIN
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- McKinley Lodge hosts "World Famous Fish Fry"
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Rogers Behavioral Health to Host Job Fair on August 11
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?