“Hollow Earth,” a children’s fantasy novel, will have its official U.S. launch on Friday, November 2 at Alverno College. Authors John and Carole Barrowman will be on hand signing books. Carole Barrowman is a writer and professor of English at Alverno College. Her brother John is a star of stage and screen, best known for his portrayal of Captain Jack Harkness on the BBC’s “Doctor Who” and “Torchwood.” Boswell Books, a sponsor of the event, will have copies of the book available for purchase. “Hollow Earth” was released in the United Kingdom in February of this year.
The book tells the story of 12-year-old twins with the power to bring art to life and the ability to jump into paintings. Villains want to use the twins’ powers to access Hollow Earth, a place where all the demons, devils and creatures ever imagined lie trapped for eternity, and they will stop at nothing to get them.
The book signing will take place at 7 p.m. in Wehr Hall, and the event will be hosted by Molly Fay, co-host of TMJ4’s “The Morning Blend.” The program will include an interview segment followed by questions from the audience.
About Alverno College
Alverno College, a four-year independent, Catholic, liberal arts college for women, exists to promote the personal and professional development of its students. The college has earned accolades and respect internationally for its highly effective ability-based, assessment-as-learning approach to education, and has consulted with three U.S. presidential administrations on accountability and outcomes in higher education. For two years in a row, Alverno College was ranked first in the Midwest for doing “the best job of educating undergrads” by U.S. News & World Report. Educators from throughout the world visit Alverno to learn about its proven, student-centered teaching methods.
Alverno offers more than 35 major program areas of study, including graduate programs in education, nursing, community psychology and business that are open to women and men. For more information about Alverno, visit our Web site at www.alverno.edu or call 414-382-6100.
- Cat Network 1st Annual Brat Fry
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- ERBERT & GERBERT’S OPENS AT THE MEDICAL COLLEGE OF WISCONSIN
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- McKinley Lodge hosts "World Famous Fish Fry"
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Rogers Behavioral Health to Host Job Fair on August 11
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?