Boys & Girls Club CEO to be guest speaker at Milwaukee VA's Martin Luther King ceremony
Veterans and the community are invited to the Milwaukee VA Medical Center’s Martin Luther King ceremony, 10 a.m. Thursday in the Matousek Auditorium.
The medical center is located at 5000 W. National Avenue in Milwaukee.
This year’s ceremony features guest speaker, Vincent P. Lyles, the president and CEO of Boys & Girls Club of Greater Milwaukee.
Lyles, a product of Milwaukee Public Schools who graduated from Madison High School, oversees a $22 million budget and is responsible for 37 Boys & Girls Club throughout the area. He has been at the forefront of revitalizing some of the poorest neighborhoods and areas in Milwaukee.
The Milwaukee VA ceremony will also feature the presentation of two MLK Golden Drum Major awards for two employees who have demonstrated the highest level of community service. The award winners won’t be announced until the ceremony.
For more information on the ceremony, including an interview with Lyles, visit: www.milwaukee.va.gov/features/MLK2013.asp .
- JB’s on 41 Raises Funds in August for Brightening Veterans Lives (BVL) Charity
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!
- Welcome Pokemon Go Players
- TAPAS & FLAMENCO GUITARIST D'Arez
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- Rogers Behavioral Health to Host Job Fair on August 11
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- USO Motorcycle Ride
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale