) The West Allis – West Milwaukee School District has six schools named as “Wisconsin Schools of Recognition” for the 2013 – 2014 school year. These schools are Franklin, Horace Mann, Jefferson, Longfellow, Pershing and Wilson Elementary Schools. This is among the highest percentage of schools by any district in the state according to the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
This is the seventh year in a row that the WAWM School District has had at three or more schools receive this prestigious award. Since 2006 the West Allis – West Milwaukee Schools have been recognized 39 times. Wilson Elementary (7 consecutive), Jefferson Elementary for the sixth time, Longfellow Elementary for the fifth time, Franklin and Pershing Elementary for the fourth time, the third consecutive for Horace Mann Elementary all received this award last year. This prestigious award recognizes schools for their consistent achievement over time and closing the achievement gap that these schools face in light of ESEA: No Child Left Behind. These schools must also meet certain additional academic and demographic criteria in order to qualify.
It is a great honor for our District’s schools to be recognized; in addition, it is a tribute not only to these schools but to ALL of our schools and ALL of our employees who continue to put children first with focus on student learning and achievement.
The four schools listed above represented our school district at the State Capitol building in Madison on Tuesday, October 8, 2013 to receive their “Wisconsin School of Recognition” award.
- Cat Network 1st Annual Brat Fry
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- ERBERT & GERBERT’S OPENS AT THE MEDICAL COLLEGE OF WISCONSIN
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- McKinley Lodge hosts "World Famous Fish Fry"
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Rogers Behavioral Health to Host Job Fair on August 11
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?