MILWAUKEE, WI – This is not your ordinary young professional group. There are no name tags or corporate sponsorships. This group of talented young adults is the Chant Claire Chamber Choir- and they’re here to sing.
Benjamin Bedroske, a choral teacher at West Middle School in Oak Creek, identified the need for a small semi-professional level choral ensemble after moving to Milwaukee two years ago. Bedroske gathered friends and colleagues together to form the Chant Claire Chamber Choir, which rehearses weekly. This mixed-voice choir features 30 professional and non-professional singers from around the Milwaukee area.
“This group is different because it’s young, but dedicated to skillfully tackling challenging music. The pieces we’ve selected for this concert are high quality literature and are versatile enough that audiences will enjoy them as much as we do.”
This Sunday, December 15, the choir will be holding their first concert to premier their new sound to the city. Audiences can expect to revel in the musical selections of composers Mendelssohn, Rutter, Gjeilo, Victoria, Whitacre, and Hogan.
Bedroske hopes that the carols and beautiful holiday sounds from this concert will resonate with attendees. There is great potential for growth in this group, not only as a platform for these young adults to develop their own voices and sound, but to continue showcasing pieces that other choral groups may choose not to perform.
“I hope this concert will be the first of many for the Milwaukee community to enjoy.”
Sunday, December 15, 2013
All Saints Episcopal Cathedral, 818 E Juneau Ave, Milwaukee
Concert begins at 7:30
Reception to follow
- Cat Network 1st Annual Brat Fry
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- ERBERT & GERBERT’S OPENS AT THE MEDICAL COLLEGE OF WISCONSIN
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- McKinley Lodge hosts "World Famous Fish Fry"
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Rogers Behavioral Health to Host Job Fair on August 11
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?