The merger of Summit Credit Union and Greater Milwaukee Credit Union (GMCU) has been finalized.
Members of GMCU are now members of Summit Credit Union and have access to a total of 28 branches in the Milwaukee and Madison markets, as well as the numerous Shared Service Center Network locations, phone and web account services and a member service contact center in Madison. New Summit Credit Union signs will be installed at the GMCU location on 1606 S. 84th St., in West Allis beginning on March 3.
The merger was first announced in September 2013, and approved by the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions and the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) in October 2013.
Lori Pook, who was CEO of GMCU, will continue on in a leadership capacity at the Credit Union as AVP – Enterprise Risk Management.
The combination brings Summit Credit Union’s total assets to $1.9 billion, and its overall membership base to more than 136,000 throughout Wisconsin.
About Summit Credit Union:
Established in 1935, Summit Credit Union is a member-owned financial cooperative open to anyone in Wisconsin. Summit holds $1.9 billion in assets and has more than 136,000 members with a total of 28 locations throughout the Madison and Milwaukee areas. For more information, visit www.summitcreditunion.com or call (608) 243-5000 or (800) 236-5560.
# # #
- Cat Network 1st Annual Brat Fry
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- ERBERT & GERBERT’S OPENS AT THE MEDICAL COLLEGE OF WISCONSIN
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- McKinley Lodge hosts "World Famous Fish Fry"
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Rogers Behavioral Health to Host Job Fair on August 11
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?